Wessels & Gerber assists throughout all areas of estate planning and probate. Everyone should have a will. Whether you have a minor child or want to protect your life’s work, everyone needs to have an estate plan. Before your scheduled appointment, please download and complete the following Estate Planning Documents:
Top five reasons to have a will:
- You choose your heirs. The state can decide how to distribute your estate or you can. 74% of parents with minor children do not have wills.
- You can nominate guardians for your children. You and your spouse should choose the persons who will care for your children.
- You can establish a trust. Creating a trust helps to ensure the financial security of your minor children, how you wish the funds to be managed and how the funds will be disbursed.
- Minimize the cost and delay of probate. Authorizing your executor to act without costly court supervision is important. This also includes a review of how you hold title to your property.
- Manage your affairs due to disability. Determining who will manage your financial affairs and medical care in the event you become incapacitated.